We just released a new Evalato update with some quite sweet improvements to the system. It makes things easier for you as a program organizer, but more importantly, it makes submitting applications for your programs smoother than ever before!
Copying data from one application into another 👥
The main feature with this update makes submitting applications for your programs easier. Now, when the applicant fills out a submission form, they can copy everything onto another application with the click of a button. For this option to appear, both applications need to be in categories using the same application forms – that way the system can successfully transfer the data to their corresponding fields.
We always try to make a point, that Evalato is a next-gen solution not only for you as program organizers, but just as much for the people who want to become part of your awards, competitions, scholarships, etc. This update is further proof of our commitment to that goal and it means your programs can potentially get more quality entries and that’s a pretty big deal.
Application portal facelift 👩🎨
On that note – the portal where people create their application also received a nice facelift. Obviously, the applications portal is a very important part of your programs. We made various tweaks, improvements, and increased the visibility of all elements. Most of the changes there are based on your invaluable feedback. So thank you for helping us improve Evalato.
Easier approval and shortlisting ✔️🎟️
You can approve and shortlist applications with a click of a button, instead of doing it in two steps. We made some changes to the Submissions section, which is now called Applications instead. All buttons there got replaced by superior versions. The Move to button allows you to both Approve and Shortlist applications at the same time. The Status button lets you change the status of an application – approved, rejected, submitted, or draft. Rounds lets you add and remove evaluation rounds for the selected applications easily.
Improved Facebook Pixel tracking 👀
You can now track submitted applications with Facebook Pixel. The new Standard Event is: SubmitApplication, on top of the other 3 – AddToCart, InitiateCheckout and Purchase. Additionally, entering your Pixel Tracking ID now also allows you to track page views for your applications webpage.
Here’s everything new 🆕
- The word “application” replaces “submission” within the app, due to popular demand. For example, the Submissions section is now called Applications.
- New button – Move to button in the Applications (was Submissions) section, which allows you to both Approve and Shortlist applications at the same time.
- New button – Status (again in Applications), allows you to Approve or Reject all selected applications, as well as change their status to submitted or draft.
- New button – Rounds (replaces the Shortlist button in Applications), allows you to easily add and remove evaluation rounds for the selected applications.
- You can now track submitted applications with Facebook Pixel. The new Standard Event is: SubmitApplication, on top of the other 3 – AddToCart, InitiateCheckout and Purchase. Additionally, entering your Pixel Tracking ID (in Analytics & export > Tracking) now also allows you to track page views for your applications webpage.
- Submission categories is now Categories (Settings > Categories).
- Moved the Currency button to Settings > Payments & billing (was in Settings > Submission categories), as it made more sense to have it there.
Enjoy these improvements and if you have questions – we’re happy to help. As usual, there’s plenty more to come and we’re already working on the next update.