“Smile of the Year” is the most prestigious national dental competition in the country. Organized by Dental Tribune since 2007, the contest has 12 editions to date. The main goal is to award the professional achievements of Bulgarian dental specialists.
Major pain points
Before implementing the Evalato awards management software, organizing “Smile of the Year” was rather challenging. Those included:
- The organizers wasted tons of time doing everything manually: collecting the entries by email, sorting them out, confirming to each applicant that their submission is received, and exchanging twice as many emails when people wanted to make changes to an application.
- Challenging evaluation process — sending each jury member the entries to evaluate again by email, then receiving their feedback and calculating all the results manually. It was a tedious process prone to blunders and flaws along the way.
“Before Evalato it was chaos that took us tons of effort and time to put things in some order.” Ulyana Vincheva, CEO, Dental Tribune Bulgaria
After 10 editions of “Smile of the Year,” the organizers already knew perfectly well what they needed to streamline their work and get rid of the tedious tasks. So for their 11th edition, they started looking for the best solution that had all the features they wanted.
“We wanted to streamline the whole process, automate the tedious tasks and provide complete transparency of the competition. When we came across Evalato, we knew it was all we were looking for! What we particularly loved at first sight was that it supports our language and currency (Bulgarian) which is a feature most similar solutions do not have.”
What they did
Switching to Evalato was a no-brainer for the team of “Smile of the Year”. They set up their awards in no time, without any prior demos or training.
“Evalato is extremely intuitive and user-friendly. You just sign up and start working on your competition right away. We needed no training at all!“ Ulyana Vincheva, CEO, Dental Tribune Bulgaria
Thanks to the effortless and swift transition to the Evalato awards management system, Dental Tribune:
- Streamlined the whole process of running the awards competition
- Got rid of tedious tasks and saved tons of time
- Boosted the number of entries
- Ensured complete transparency of their awards
- Made applicants and jury happier
- Improved their brand image
Additionally, Dental Tribune managed to:
- Save time for both applicants and jury members
Evalato features next-gen applicant and judging portals giving all parties their own dedicated space to work on entries — be it preparing or evaluating them.
“Now our applicants receive their own working space to edit their entries with more photos and information and do not contact us for any change they want to make in their entries - a big relief for everyone. Our international jury couldn’t be happier about the change — we received a lot of “thank you”-s from them!“ Ulyana Vincheva, CEO, Dental Tribune Bulgaria
- Use Evalato’s marketing tools to boost results
The team consistently used Evalato’s marketing and analytics tools which helped them grow the number of entries.
“Thanks to the detailed statistics, we could monitor and analyze our marketing tactics and see what works and what doesn’t. That helped us a lot to boost our results!” Ulyana Vincheva, CEO, Dental Tribune Bulgaria
- Streamline and automate the evaluation process
Making the evaluation process a breeze was another major game-changer for the Dental Tribune team. With just a few clicks they set the voting method, invited judges, and assigned them entries - what once took them tons of time, emails, and phone calls.
- Monitor the judging progress
What they also appreciated a lot about Evalato was that it let them monitor the judging progress and evaluation results in real-time and calculated the final voting results for them.
- Use Evalato’s entries webpage to achieve complete transparency
The organizers were also able to achieve complete transparency of their awards through Evalato’s ready-to-use entries webpage where all results from the judging phase were published right after the awards ceremony through the click of a button. That was an important step for strengthening their positive brand image.
“Evalato totally revolutionized the way we organize our awards! Making the whole process so much easier and quicker for all parties involved: us, applicants and jury is what we value the most!” Ulyana Vincheva, CEO, Dental Tribune Bulgaria
Thanks to Evalato the Dental Tribune team:
- Quadrupled their efficiency and productivity.
- Registered a remarkable rise in the number of entries.
- Built a brand image of a modern and transparent award competition.
“Evalato also helped us a lot in terms of improving our brand image. Now we not only reward the most innovative dental practices in our country but do it in the most modern and simple way possible - it truly corresponds to our awards and brand. What’s most important however is that our customers were 100% happier!“ Ulyana Vincheva, CEO, Dental Tribune Bulgaria
Curious to know what Evalato can do for your awards competition? Sign up and test Evalato for free for as long as you need.